Feel better with Altruvita.
Our expert team have designed the highest quality combination and single ingredient food supplements, based on the latest scientific evidence.View the range
If you’ve ever suffered from bloating after a big meal, you’ll know how uncomfortable and unpleasant it is. Bloating happens when the gut stores up excess gas, produced by bacteria. It can affect anyone, but it needn’t make you change your plans or affect every day activities. Take a look at our top tips to support gut health and digestive comfort.
- Trial avoiding vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, onions and leeks for a week.
- Cut back on pulses like dry roasted peanuts, beans and lentils for a week.
- Take a probiotic for four weeks: put some lactobacilli and bifidobacteria in your gut.
- Avoid sweeteners like glycerol, sorbitol, mannitol or xylitol as gut bacteria love to munch on them!
- Slow down and avoid swallowing air! Take at least 15 minutes to eat a meal.
- Get tested for vitamin D3 deficiency.
- Drink green tea or peppermint tea. Green tea may maintain healthy gut flora.
- Try lactose-free milk and dairy products for 2-4 weeks: large doses of lactose may cause wind and bloating in a small amount of the population.
- Add curcumin to your diet: it’s known to contribute to digestive comfort.
- Don’t go too long between meals or chew chewing gum: an empty stomach produces more gas.
Tried and tested.
“I was recommended to take CoQ10 because of my low energy levels and the fact that I take Statins. Altruvita’s CoQ10 is one of the highest dosages I could find on the market which falls in line with what I was recommended to take. The information given and packaging is really professional and I’m feeling much less lethargic since taking it.”
“I did a fair bit of research on the quality of vitamin D supplements on the market and Altruvita looked by far the best. This is actually my second order and although I was surrounded by ill people all Christmas I sailed through without a sniffle. Highly recommend.”
“I have an office job and felt stiff when sitting down for such a long time – since taking curcumin+ I felt less stiff and had less back aches as well, feel more mobile”
“I feel pretty good. More energy and symptoms of IBS are better.”
“Amazing product. I have used this brand for a while now and am really pleased with my results. It’s great quality and worth the price!”
Less bloated and much calmer stomach
“Energy boost!!! Amazing product! Took 4 a day for 2 weeks and saw a massive difference in my energy levels. Highly recommended.”
Become an Altru Member!
If you love our products and would like to get 15% off bundles of 3 packs at a time, then the Altru Membership is perfect for you!
- Free to register
- Gain access to 15% off packs of 3 products*
- Get notified of member-only discounts throughout the year
*Packs of 3 of the same product only. Does not include mix and match.Learn more Register here
Recent Blog Posts
Zinc Deficiency Symptoms
We all know that zinc is something our body needs. But, what are the signs and symptoms of Zinc deficiency? And what does it mean? What does zinc do? Zinc is a mineral that is involved in hundreds of chemical reactions within your cells and you can’t live without it. Amongst a variety of roles, […]